Bits Krieg | Oscilloscope Music | Electro

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
zippy731
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 pm

x

Bits Krieg | Oscilloscope Music | Electro

The graphics in this track are 100% vector scope output from FL Studio. Other than the kick and snare, I built all the sounds from scratch in Sytrus, with a focus on creating coherent shapes but also needing to be musical.

This track was inspired by Jerobeam Fenderson's videos on youtube.

Visit his website at http://oscilloscopemusic.com/.

He makes incredible, intricate videos using only an oscilloscope and the sound output from his tracks. He's got lots of techniques for creating the graphics, including some software that translates blender graphics files into audio for use in a project.

I wanted to do this sort of project, but constrained to ONLY sounds made within FL Studio and synths / sound design, not using any graphics tools or any other outside software. I just started experimenting with all of this a couple days ago, but it's pretty amazing the shapes you can get by just tweaking Sytrus knobs!

I don't have an oscilloscope, so I used the built-in vector analyzer in FL Studio for the graphics.

LMK what you think, and if anyone else is doing these sorts of projects, I'd love to trade notes.

Peace,
Z

steevm
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:32 am

x

Re: Bits Krieg | Oscilloscope Music | Electro

That looks pretty cool Who needs ZGameEditor a...

damyx
Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:50 am

x

Re: Bits Krieg | Oscilloscope Music | Electro

You are a genius. I would like to have all your...

Return to “Song Exchange”