Hypnotic (working title) | Thanks for the help! | Electro-guitar?

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
steevm
Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:10 pm

x

Hypnotic (working title) | Thanks for the help! | Electro-guitar?

Edit: The song on Soundcloud has been updated a few times. I'm pretty happy with the vox in the version that's now on SC. General comments on the mix, as well as the vocal FX are of course still welcome. However, I think most of the problems have now been solved. The original post is preserved below for context (but with the updated song).

I've got a couple of projects I made this year that I'm having great trouble with. I think my mixing has got a lot better recently, thanks to feedback from here, but these are tracks that formed part of my learning process (on my own). Although I feel I have got better at mixing, these songs are all stuck in a rut: every time I go in and try and fix the mix, I just end up with another mix I don't like.

With this song, I'm unhappy with the way the vocals sound. I think I've messed up with the FX on the vox, but not sure what. The sound isn't far off, but it also isn't right. Maybe it's just the delivery and I need to re-record? I'm not sure. That's why I'm hoping some of you can tell me what you think the problem is, as you'll be coming at this with fresh ears.

The version I'm posting is the final version I made while originally working on the song back in April Edit: this version is no longer on Soundcloud, but there's an old MP3 in the thread if you really care what it used to sound like. As I say, I've reworked the mix several times since, but none of the newer versions are any better. I think this is the base version I need to work from.

Last edited by steevm on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

steevm
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:31 pm

x

Re: Hypnotic (working title) | Need some help | Electro-guitar?

donkeytugger wrote:I'd say it has a bit of the ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alter-Fox
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm

x

I'm think I'm hearing it as a whole not really ...
Last edited by Alter-Fox on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steevm
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 pm

x

I've done a quick edit where I've added in a bi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steevm
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 pm

x

ZakBS wrote:Your voice sounds ok to me. It's qu...

Return to “Song Exchange”