Work In Progress | Looking for mixing advice | R&B (Dark)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthew Aaron
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:20 am

x

Work In Progress | Looking for mixing advice | R&B (Dark)

This is a working in progress. It is intended to be a backing track to a dark Weeknd-ish R&B track. So there is no melody as I don't want the beat to overtake the vocal performance. I feel as though is sounds a bit muddy, looking for some advice on how to make it a bit more crisp.

Oh, and I've haven't finished the composition yet. It will abruptly end. I need to write a bridge for where it ends, then I'm going to repeat the last half of the chorus and outro it.
random.mp3
Edit: I just realized right after posting this that I really should've just updated the post I already made when this track was bare bones. Sorry...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Aaron
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:28 am

x

Re: Work In Progress | Looking for mixing advice | R&B (Dark)

Revised: random.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Aaron
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:01 pm

x

thegman914 wrote: It sounds a lot better, you c...

Matthew Aaron
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:12 am

x

DJ Georgios Tsikriteas wrote:I think it's prett...

Matthew Aaron
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

x

sql_error_uname wrote:i think the bass it too l...

Return to “Song Exchange”