Old school Beat (WIP) - Need mixing and levels advice, Finished 11/27, 5:00PM EST (no more updates)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Michael Mckeon
Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:33 am

x

Old school Beat (WIP) - Need mixing and levels advice, Finished 11/27, 5:00PM EST (no more updates)

Hello again.

I've been doing other things before the Holidays but i am working on a new track and have roughed out the first intro kit, but i am a noob and only have headphones(Creative Fatal1ty Headset) to monitor.

Attached is a render of my first mix, i applied a compressor at 3:1 on the sub and Raised the HPF on the 808 to about 170-ish Hz. I am hoping they're not clashing and don't sound muddy.

Cheers to anyone who can have a look at this and let me know, i'm sorry my studio i s very bare bones, can't even call it aa studio except for FL ;) and my lovely keyboard controller too, I gave thanks to the Turkey Lord for that one haha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[UPDATE] Fixed the Mixing, It's Chaotic at best, i know, plus i need to fix the second introduction of the bell lead, it's hard quantized and doesn't quite match the beat yet, but the concept is here...it's repetitive, but that's the nature of Psychedlic Trap:

[Another Update, Same Link] Finished the Project, is it going to be awesome for everyone? No. should it be? No. This is Trap and a lot of ppl don't like it but i put a lot of hours into this and used new techniques that didn't work so well at first... I am very happy with the mixing, the composition, and production, so i hope you guys enjoy it, It Thumps!

Rendered a Reactive ZGameEditor Visualizer Plugin Video for the Track:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Michael Mckeon on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Michael Mckeon
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 am

x

Re: Old school (Beat, WIP) - Need mixing and levels advice, monitors are headphones

adjusted the levels a bit so both the sub and t...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Michael Mckeon
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 am

x

Re: Old school Beat (WIP) - Need mixing and levels advice, Updated 11/26, 3:12 EST

OMG Rly? Plz tell me you all are not ignoring m...
Last edited by Michael Mckeon on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Song Exchange”