Tips for improvement?

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
maufje
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 pm

x

Tips for improvement?

Hellooo

A while ago, I was told not to be affraid of uploading my mp3s and ask for help and tips so Im gonna try just that :)
So I have very recently learned how compression and limiting works, and I have started to add this stuff into my songs to avoid clipping.. And I read through the Maximus tutorial today and I think I get half-ish the hang of how it works. However, Im still experimenting with how the various settings turns out on my sounds.

I wish I could upload my project to make it easier to see, but I mostly use Nexus and other stuff I have bought, so I was hoping some of you have enough experience to actually hear what makes my project wrong or right. I have uploaded 2x MP3s because I am very curious about something...

This is the "original" version of my project that I spent about 3 hours on so far. I used everything I have learned from the Help guide with Maximus to compress and limit some of the sounds. I dont think I have overdone any Maximus settings here, and it should not be clipping.
SoDeep.mp3
Is there anything thats instantly hitting your mind when listening to the one above? Too load/low base? Not enough "stereo effects"? Too many sounds? I have had that last problem with everything I do. I love adding everything I think is cool together.. Not only in music, but I was that guy that added fire and space effects to almost everything when editing pictures with Photoshop at school.

And the one thing I mentioned that I am so very curious about is that when I add a Maximus with the settings it have when you load it, it sounds like this
SoDeep (Maximused).mp3
And I actually think this last one sounds better... If not better, it makes the first one sound worse. Its like when my ear hear the second one, and then jump back to the first one, it feels like something is missing. Both have the same peaking meter, and this is very confusing to me :P Simply by adding Maximus to the Master Mixer can ruin what I though was an OK track. Does anyone have any thoughs? I really appreciate every tips I can get at all, cause I am getting stuck at this point it seems. I have not finished a song I have been happy with for many months, mostly just closed my FL and done something else when I dont get the sound I want :(

Thanks again :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kitchencarpet
Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 am

x

Re: Tips for improvement?

Firstly friend you should have no fear of posti...

maufje
Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:20 pm

x

Re: Tips for improvement?

Thanks for reply I see I didn't type the maxi...

Return to “Song Exchange”