Catalyst - Nearly a year in the making! ;)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DivinEviL616
Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 am

x

Catalyst - Nearly a year in the making! ;)

lol Yeah, the original title of this track was the date my collaborator first brought it to me (May 30th 2011) and ever since then I've been letting it ripen in my external hard drive in a folder from a backup I did when I reinstalled my OS... lol Anyway I unearthed the mp3 recently and found myself really enamored with this track.

First of all the the Sytrus line sounds like it's singing words in it's pattern... it's like a song you know by heart suddenly had the vocal track turned way down to nearly nothing. It sounds like the phantom of a vocal part. (listen at about 0:20 and think along with Sytrus 'I'll break your heart/I'll tear you apart' repeated until the patterns end.)

Anyway, that is what caused such an obsession with the song. I was hearing lyrics that would go with it VERY well and I NEEDED to put something into to its existence! So I started begging my friend to just simply pack me up the midi files and a text document with certain needed info and I'd continue the work in another studio (didn't have FL Studio at the time) using the plugins I had and demo versions of the image-line stuff (yeah, I do that ALOT! lol). But, the same thing responsible for the song hiding on my HD for so long cause him to never get around to it...then as luck would have it. Just after I managed to score my very own FL Studio I discover, in another folder on that same hard drive..., project files! Woohoo, don't know why I have so many of his FL project files but this was one of them lol, oh wait, I know why! lol Yeah...nevermind.

Here it is... still a WIP with a ton of stuff to do but this version represents something pretty close to the original inspiration. Nifty for me, I even added my own synth line that makes me think it's missing lyrics. :) Hope you guys enjoy!

Return to “Song Exchange”