Patcher update PLEASE

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thagreatbelow
Sun May 28, 2017 2:46 pm

x

Patcher update PLEASE

I've been getting more and more into patcher lately, and there are a few things that I can't imagine would be difficult to add. Functions that are ALREADY available inside the rest of FL, but not inside patcher. Like the sampler can't be loaded into patcher. Why not? Is there any good reason? If I want to load a sample I have to use either directwave, or Harmor, which are both more complex and CPU intensive when all I want is for there to be kick sample played.

Many of the fruity wrapper functions are simply gone. For example, outside of Patcher, Harmor has the pitch bend value at the top of the fruity wrapper. This is very handy for assigning how far the pitch will bend, or for automating pitch. Inside of patcher though that's gone. Again, is there any good reason to essentially remove a feature like that? Why shouldn't it be possible to do it inside patcher?

Along with the pitch bend from fruity wrapper, other features are gone as well, like the arpegiator (This would be SO useful in a modular environment like patcher), group settings to cut certain sounds when others are played (I'm making a modular drum machine right now that this would be useful for). Polyphony settings, and time values to effect swing would be cool as well.

I just can't wrap my head around why these features couldn't be included? How much trouble could it possibly be to get existing code to work inside of patcher?

thagreatbelow
Sun May 28, 2017 9:00 pm

x

Re: Patcher update PLEASE

Another patcher bug. Because fruity wrapper isn...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thagreatbelow
Sun May 28, 2017 11:25 pm

x

3x Osc doesn't work in patcher either??? Come o...

whannel
Tue May 30, 2017 6:13 am

x

Could do with an arpeggiator in FL or piano rol...

Return to “To Do”