Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sirchris
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:03 am

x

improved performance mode

Hi

Talking to an employee in guitar center yesterday and we were talking about DAWs and he kept going on and on about ableton. I said I use FL. He of course dismissed it. He said ableton is so easy for trying out clips or using in live situation. Weve heard it all before. But what I gathered is that he was using ableton for its session view. He was also commented on the ease of midi setup in that view or something to try out different combos of recorded clips.

Perhaps a priority at this point should be to improve the performance recording and live playing/looping features of FL to put that in the front.
Consider the following points:

1. Performance mode must be engaged in order to use it. So its not an up front in your face feature and not the default mode
2. the clips do not line up in a block like column format (rather uses drag-able label tags). So this makes each clip column length vary and and looks more complicated than it is. Visually its not something that makes people see how easy it is.
3. Changing clips playback options while varied and many are again not something that people see in a normal menu. Ive said it in other posts having right and left click menus provides a lot of features TRUE TRUE but people are intimidated and perhaps cant find what they are looking for as easily as you may think.
4 The new draggable patterns are nice. I think thought people are confused that each pattern is made up of mini patterns of various instruments. So 4 pattern clips could contain a lot of stuff going on.
Last edited by sirchris on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirchris
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 am

x

Re: improved performance mode

I watched some ableton stuff and I dont think i...
Last edited by sirchris on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirchris
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:20 pm

x

Re: improved performance mode

UPDATE - so I tried ableton for the first time....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”