More GUI customization with vectors

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jonathanese
Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:17 pm

x

More GUI customization with vectors

Now that Image-Line is ("are") renovating the GUI, now would be a good opportunity for a few sleek GUI changes:

-Grid-Snapping windows: Having the option to have window sizes and positions snap to a grid.

-Edge-Snapping windows: Having the option to have windows snap to edges of the screen or other windows.

-Multi-Monitor support: Right now, FL can only maximize to 1 screen. It would be nice if you could also maximize to more screens.

-I'm not sure if "vector-based" means the GUI is no longer dependent on raster images. But if so, that probably opens the interface up for an in-program interface customization menu. Such as customizing knobs, colors, sliders, etc. Without needing to create an entirely new set of images just to get the new theme. I know the Control Surface already does a fairly good job of what I'm talking about.

I saw the post saying "choose your contrast", where you gave us the option to choose which contrast setting we preferred. To me, it would only make sense to have this be an adjustable setting.

Oh, and think about "grab palette from image". I might be pushing it there. This is FL Studio, not Photoshop. lol

nucleon
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 pm

x

Re: More GUI customization with vectors

Jonathanese wrote:-Edge-Snapping windows: This...

Serious Al
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 pm

x

Jonathanese wrote: -Multi-Monitor support: Righ...

roms
Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:52 pm

x

so with vectorial FLS we'll still be unable to ...

Return to “To Do”