Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
GeeZeS
Tue May 06, 2014 4:13 pm

x

Leftend-(Clip/Pattern)-Resizing & MIDI-Latency-Offset

At first:
Pleas move the topic if it's not on the right forum.

Over years I wished funktions in the usability of FL-Studio and in the next Beta- or Finalversion they were fulfilled.
This Beta I try to be faster then Image-Line. ^^

Leftend-Resizing:
It could be an older discusion but I want to write about It.
It would be very useful to resize pasted Clips/Patterns in the Playlist on the left side. And yes, I know about the problems with the Startposition in a Clip/Pattern. I (for example) use Songwide Automationclips in an early stage of my productions and if I want to change the startposition in the Song (exaple: add 4-8 Bars) I have to move into 6-10 Clips to change the Startpoint.
A early solution would be a macro like [shift+alt+...] while holding the mousbutton on the left end on a Clip/Pattern to resize. And a warning caused by resizig a non-unique Clip/Pattern would be also great if such a macro-solution would be implemented.

MIDI-Latency-Offset:
I am realy happy about the new quantising after a MIDI-Recording, but it don't solve the continue existing problems with MIDI-Latency. If I try to record with a following atomated quantis in the pianoroll, the latency by using a MIDI-Controaler can provoke 'failurs' in the result.
Usefull would be a funktion to teach the DAW by "Taping" the latency.
For example:
1.: Activate the funktion in the setup.
2.: Start the (learn by tap)-funktion by clicking a button.
3.: Tap by playing notes on the Instrument.
4.: End the (learn by tap)-funktion by clicking a button a second time.
The teached time could be used to correct the played notes automaticly befor they are quantised. The result could displayed like the existing ofset-setting in the audioarea.
Such a funktion for every registered controaler would be the best solution. (in my oppinion ^^)

I hope everyone can follow my written lines. :D

However, i wish a good week.
GeeZeS

Return to “To Do”