Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Scoox
Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

x

"Disable" button and "wet" knob on plugin titlebar

Loving FL Studio so far. What I am asking for here is this:

The titlebar mute button and wet knob would be clones of the same controls already available from the mixer and the step sequencer, so that changing one changes the other:

As far as I know all DAWs have implemented this one way or another:

I particularly like the way Presonus and Cockos have implemented this:

1) Studio One provides two buttons: Activate and Bypass. The Activate button can be use to completely take a plugin offline, so that it consumes no CPU resources (useful after bouncing to audio for example), and the Bypass button simply mutes the plugin but doesn't take it offline. Which reminds me, is there any way in FL Studio to take plugins offline (other than removing the plugin)?

2) In Reaper each plugin window has just a single checkbox which does the same as the Bypass button in Studio One (unchecked = bypassed). It also provides a Wet knob, just like FL Studio, but directly on the plugin window. In Reaper plugins can also be taken offline from the mixer.

To sum up: My request is for the Mute and Wet controls to also be shown on each plugin window, and maybe if you are feeling happy also add a way to completely switch off plugins. Thanks!
Last edited by Scoox on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “To Do”