MIDI select-able Channels (multiple)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
random hawk
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:23 pm

x

MIDI select-able Channels (multiple)

Would it be possible to select multiple channels on the Step Sequencer window with MIDI commands and implement this in the future? Currently, the only system MIDI commands I can find related to this are program changes, or up/down movement of the current selection. It would be nice if we could set up a MIDI command that is an "add to" program change.

This would be to allow users to select different Channels for their different MIDI controllers. I personally run with 4 controllers and FL as my sound bank for all of them, so being able to send a MIDI message to change the selected channels would be a lot more convenient than changing them with the mouse every time (and after every song).

i.e., Channel 1 is currently selected, I send a MIDI command with an "add to" program change 2. This selects Channel 2 in addition to Channel 1, thus letting me use one MIDI controller for Channel 1, and the other for Channel 2.

or

No channels are selected. I press a pad mapped to send a particular MIDI message that then selects Channels 2, 4, 6, and 9, thus changing the sounds for all my separate MIDI controllers (which operate on separate global MIDI channels of course).

I apologize if this has been requested in the past, or if there is a way to do this via MIDI Out/Patcher (which I've tried but to no avail.) Thanks!

Edit: This is mostly in regards to live performance, utilizing FL Studio as a sound module for multiple MIDI controllers.

Edit2: To clarify, the "add to" program change message I am hypothetically referring to would be identical to right-clicking a channel's Channel Selector, to select that channel in addition to another one.

nucleon
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:17 am

x

Re: MIDI select-able Channels (multiple)

If you select multiple FL channels at the same ...

nucleon
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:22 am

x

Here for example I have a Launchkey Mini. The ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

random hawk
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:19 pm

x

Sorry, I failed to illustrate my intent for suc...

random hawk
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:27 pm

x

If it helps, this is my current method for chan...

Return to “To Do”