Universal knob and fader feel + Custom mouse sensitivity

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Scoox
Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:38 am

x

Universal knob and fader feel + Custom mouse sensitivity

I propose for a unified knob and fader feel to be adopted for all components in FL Studio, from plugins to the mixer to numerical entry boxes (e.g. the tempo control, etc). I am not talking about looks, I am talking about the way controls respond to user input:

1) Currently some plugins respond to mouse wheel, some don't (all IL plugins)

2)Not all knobs and faders have a Reset option (via Middle-Click, context menu or centre-position pause, Alt+Left-click, etc)

3)Not all knobs and faders have a "precision mode". In the mixer you can Ctrl+Left-click-drag to make precise adjustments to faders and knobs, but in others it doesn't work e.g. Sakura.

4)Mouse sensitivity is not the same for all knobs and faders.

5)When moving faders, the mouse disappears while the mouse button is held down. When the button is released, in some plugins the pointer will re-appear at the coordinates where the mouse button was initially clicked, and in others (e.g. the mixer) the pointer will appear at the new location of the fader cap you've just moved. Personally I prefer the way it works in the mixer, but either way is cool. I am just voicing my support for a standard.

About mouse sensitivity: I remember Gol saying no matter what sensitivity values he chose there would always be users who would complain about it. This couldn't be more true. So how about including a numerical setting in the Options so each user can tweak their mouse sensitivity as they please? Me, I use two screens and I like my mouse to move very fast so I can fly across the screen space with small wrist movements, but when working on a small area e.g. a small knob, even with mouse acceleration turned on, it's still not accurate enough.

Return to “To Do”