All FL VSTi settings are lost in some cases of FL upgrade

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:53 am

x

All FL VSTi settings are lost in some cases of FL upgrade

I've had this experience multiple times: When I upgrade FL, my FL VSTi's try to load all their settings (mixer channel inserts, sequencer channels, etc). Unfortunately, when FL VSTi tries to open the samples from earlier versions it often chokes, because the samples directory has changed. The impact of this is that FL VSTi does not load any of the project settings at all. Instead, it loads a stock FL patch bank. The desired behavior would be for FL to load the project but with "stubs" for the missing sample(s). That would allow the user to browse for them after being notified that FL couldn't' find them... loading a stock synth bank, instead, is the ultimate fail, here... if you wanted your carefully planned FL VSTi project to load, you most certainly did NOT want the stock FL synth bank in its place. In any event, to be honest, FL should have found the samples from the earlier installation... especially if you told it to remember settings. Going through this process makes upgrading FL extremely time consuming, & sometimes lossful, and inhibits my desire to upgrade FL. FL should be able to find its own stock FL samples from earlier versions... if not from the old install path, then from a path saved with the sample itself (in the project file) so it is never forgotten on disk.

Return to “To Do”