FlStudio(core)+UnrealEngine(5)[next-gen]

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:36 pm

x

FlStudio(core)+UnrealEngine(5)[next-gen]

I've poked into unreal engine and really am planning to buy a few upgrades once in a while and i saw that it was already implementing a few "mixer" features and already include many audio effects... Or i'm messed with ubisoft's new engine maybe... I see so many videos these days that i may confound some features that i didn't explore yet...

By the way, it's been years that i thought that flstudio projects should be directly associable with game cores and i think that now that there is a big wave with those new gen engines, it would be the perfect time for a compatibility layer ^^

By using project files instead of raw audio, game events can change sound features anytime... Just... Remember super mario world? The music changes when you ride a Yoshi :P The concept is much the same.

Video games already uses mod tracks and it already gives them more versatility... But Flstudio gives key features that mod tracks doesn't have - live generators and effects - complex automations.
What would be required as modifications to the flstudio core would be to remove any interface, lighten up the code, remove unused dependancies, integrate the gens and effects into the core and also removing their interface... Make a dummy player and see if it reads the flstudio project files correctly and then integrate the core to unreal engine's dependencies... Would work quite well, and as i said, it's been years that i imagine this as feasible but now that engines and hardware made a great way up, it's much time to share the concept ^^

Other music frameworks (ehmmm... Daws) doesn't have such rich features as Fl does. It would be worthless to ask any of them because the result wouldn't be as great. And well :P We all love great results don't we all!!! ^^

cya :)

roms
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 pm

x

Re: FlStudio(core)+UnrealEngine(5)[next-gen]

that would be too CPU heavy I guess. games usua...

Matthieu
Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 am

x

Re: FlStudio(core)+UnrealEngine(5)[next-gen]

Hm... Many plugins are really light - flstudio ...

Return to “To Do”