Automation clips in playlist should be created into view

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
freshlace
Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:21 pm

x

Automation clips in playlist should be created into view

So my idea is a fairly simple workflow booster but I'm not sure if it would be possible to code. Lots of times I find myself in a complex project, zoomed inside a specific region with an empty playlist track where I want to create an automation clip. I create my automation clip and instead of it being created in the first available playlist track in my view, it's created in the first playlist track available in the whole project (default functionality of FL). So now I need to scroll all the way up to find it, copy it, then scroll all the way down to locate exactly where I was zoomed into. Wouldn't it be nice if FL Studio recognized the viewport of where you're zoomed into and created the automation inside there? Or if that's not possible, if you could 'arm' a playlist track and tell FL Studio to create the automation clip here and not in the first available one somewhere far away. Same goes for copying and pasting pattern clips, it would be nice if it pasted in a way that could take your viewport into account.

*Not sure if viewport is the right word, I just mean the area you can currently see in the playlist

Return to “To Do”