harmor image synthesis - auto image scaling, sound frq widen

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:53 am

x

harmor image synthesis - auto image scaling, sound frq widen

I'm definitely noob with Harmor, but I've played with its image resynthesis and a couple of observations I have are here:

It does not scale images before they are played. Large image files only "play" the lower (bottom) end of the image. The rest is off the scale. It would be nice if this could auto-scale the image into a range (or at least have an option to squeeze the image into a specified Hz range, and do the scaling automatically - just like in paint, either maintaining the aspect ratio or conforming to specified boundaries...although the nobs do this, somewhat, it could be alot simpler if it could just be forced through with a script, using numbers).

If you drag a large image into the image box on harmor, and "play" the image, the resolution is clear in parts, but the lines on the spectrograph start getting very thin towards the top... they are hard to listen to, and you could not really call it a faithful spectrograph representation of the image. It could be nicer if the Hz distribution got wider, up the scale (just as the image does not break down into thin lines towards the top, neither should the resynthesized "image" on the spectrograph).

Please pardon me, if these to-do requests are somehow misguided. They reflect my initial impression of this tool, however... I still like the feature, but I believe it could become alot stronger in these two ways.

Return to “To Do”