Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
WeAreGTA
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:08 am

x

Audio Clip +/- Gain Waveform Animation

Hey Guys!

Long time user here and I just thought i'd suggest this small feature to possibly be worked on for FL 12!
I occasionally work in Ableton and I really like how when you change the channel volume in the clip the actual waveform visual (as it shows on the sequencer) changes in size with respect to how much dB you change the volume.
I know it might seem silly but with FL 12 being such a huge visual update it would be cool to see implemented!

Even more then just looking cool it can actually be useful... for example:
Lets say if I am editing a vocal and instead of using a compressor to tame a few loud peaks I just cut out a small piece of audio that is louder and make it a unique sample, then turn the volume down and just match the volume visually.

They have added it here in Pro Tools 10 I guess... (I just quick googled for a video to show what I meant): http://www.avid.com/US/avid-tv/Pro-Tool ... n-Overview
It would also be cool to have a quick individual clip -/+ as soon as you cut the clip like in the video but I know that the way audio channels work in both programs are different and Make Unique works just as good for me.

Hope this doesn't seem silly! I'll still always use FL no matter what haha
Thanks
-Matt

Return to “To Do”