Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tektonik2
Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:59 pm

x

Playlist : Improvement of track management

Hi,
If you work with the playlist like me, have you ever try to delete a track including 1 MIDI track with many MIDI clips and about 10 automation tracks including several automation clips per parameter ?
You have to be patient and do the follwing :
- delete each MIDI clips for the instruments
- remove the playlist midi track(s)
- delete each automation clips
- remove the playlist automation tracks
- remove / empty the mixer channel

let assume now that for saving some CPU you have also bounced this instrument (all MIDI & automation clips) to audio in the playlist, it means you have to delete also the audioclip and the audio track in the playlist.

It is also the same number of click to setup a new instrument (create midi clips, assign mixer track, create automation clips, create playlist racks to place all the stuff etc ...)

Intruments creation and deletion results of a huge number of clicks in the playlist, the mixer and the channel view.

Do you know that I only have to click delete on the track in Studio One, Live to remove all stuff related to an instrument including MIDI, bounced audio, automations and the mixer track.

At the end of the day the fact that FL manage independently, instrument channels, playlist and mixer bring a lot of complexity in worflow, this is not advantage for me but a real weakness of the product as very time consuming.

So my request goes for an improvement on this area which could be to implement 2 operational modes and let the user decide to choose the best for him
mode 1 : current behaviour with channels, playlist, mixer track fully independant
mode 2 : channel, playlist and mixer linked : I create a new track and I create automatialy 1 channel,1 playlist raw, 1 mixer track, when I delete one of them all liked object are deleted, when I sort one of them all linked object will be sorted automaticcaly (currently I have to sort the channels, the mixer track and playlist tracks, I do the sort 3 times !)

Any other ideas for improvement ?

Regards

nucleon
Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:40 pm

x

Re: Playlist : Improvement of track management

In FL 12 delete what you don't need in the play...

Ayjent
Fri May 08, 2015 1:51 pm

x

tektonik2 wrote:Hi, If you work with the playli...

Ayjent
Mon May 11, 2015 12:19 pm

x

monkvolcno wrote:Ayjent wrote:tektonik2 wrote:H...

Return to “To Do”