Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
smokesick
Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm

x

[Topic no longer active!] Complete Backup Feature

Hey there!

Yesterday I was messing around FL and after I called it over for the night, an idea (probably reviewed already) came to my mind. It is that of a complete backup option next to the Save and Save As ones.

What is the idea of the feature?

Well, occasionally it could happen that a file might get corrupted, even though incredibly unlikely. But even so, if it happens during the final stages of that one masterpiece you are finally onto and you get a corrupted file... Well you are done, so you would not be very happy. What a complete backup feature would do is the following:
1. It will be manual (meaning you will click with a mouse to save to an automatically created folder in the specified directory).

2. Why folder? Because the complete backup will make a status backup of every single channel so that if something goes wrong (like a plugin resets over time or you mess up something), you could ALWAYS revert that channel to a particular backup of it you have as a file.

3. The backup would make a backup of the following things:
- Channel States
- Mixer Track States
- Playlist Order (like a normal save)
- Pattern State

The idea of the feature is to allow the user to selectively recover individual elements of their project without having to make a complete revert to a previous backup, possibly losing new information.
I know that you can individually save the states and all that, but it is really convenient to have an automated process do that for you - and that would be the complete backup feature.

Please give me your thoughts on this! I think it would really fit into the program as a backup plan, making it more stable and secure for our projects!

Cheers! :)
Last edited by smokesick on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dion
Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:25 pm

x

Re: Complete Backup Feature

smokesick wrote:I know that you can individuall...

smokesick
Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:11 pm

x

Re: Complete Backup Feature

Dion wrote:smokesick wrote:I know that you can ...

Return to “To Do”