FL Master Volume - Render independently

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Perfect Human
Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:40 am

x

FL Master Volume - Render independently

Please consider making the Master Volume control in FL not affect rendering level.

I don't believe there is a purpose for having it effect render output levels, but I do find it useful for monitoring which is why I use it.

Due to the way my interface ASIO drivers work, combined with the fact that my monitors take S/PDIF input, it's much more convenient for me to control the volume of FL's output is with the Master Volume control. At default, this sends a full-scaled signal to my active monitors which is Very Loud, so I have to turn it down considerably. This works out great, except when it comes to rendering. I often forget to default this control before going through with the render, making me have to do it more than once, and then there's that inevitable post-render "bloop" which ends up coming through Very Loud. I also have to be careful to remember to turn it down again later or risk waking the house up if I accidentally click on a kick sample or something.

I expect this would be a relatively simple change but it would be an appreciated usability boost for myself. :)

Scoox
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:19 am

x

Re: FL Master Volume - Render independently

If you mean this one: +10000000 It's nice t...

psiphi
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:33 pm

x

Re: FL Master Volume - Render independently

Which brings up a question: How can I turn off ...

Return to “To Do”