Alternative Ctrl+A behaviour to select all bars/beats with notes

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:21 pm

x

Alternative Ctrl+A behaviour to select all bars/beats with notes

Every time I select all the notes in the piano roll to duplicate them over the next bars I need to always extend the selection to the end of the nearest bar, otherwise the notes would be duplicated on the wrong position. An alternative Ctrl+A behaviour that selects imediately all the bars that have notes in it would speed up the workflow...
Here's an example:
2016-09-26_1850.swf
If you think about it, selecting all the notes is done just for two reasons:
- to delete them (ok, no problem with that)
- to duplicate them over the next bars (and so the only "real" purpose of Ctrl+A)

Therefore you can understand that if I want to duplicate them, I implicitly also want to keep them on beat.

Ctrl+A as it is now, is useful only for notes that end at the end of the bar or for uncommon time signatures, but not for any other "normal" situation.
This new Ctrl+A behaviour would be even better if it could follow the Snap setting, so if Snap is set to beat, Ctrl+A will select all notes untill the last beat with notes in it.

Please let me know what you think about it... to me seems quite logic and functional.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Nosu
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:12 pm

x

Re: Alternative Ctrl+A behaviour to select all bars/beats with notes

YES! Would make much more sense. I've said it ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

D3Mens
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:55 pm

x

Haha hi Mister Nosu. Great to hear you agree to...

Mister Nosu
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:10 am

x

Robiaster wrote:i would want it to continue ove...

Return to “To Do”