Create automation clip should include mixer channel name

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kain
Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:22 am

x

Create automation clip should include mixer channel name

I like to use a lot of instances of a reverb plugin and then automate them.
The problem I have is my own fault for not being more organised. I should always rename automation patters so my project does not become as confused as I am sometimes. Anyway FL Studio can fix my problem for me by making sure the channel name where the FX plugin is will be in the name of the automation clip.

For instance RP-verb wet dry, if I create an automation clip is called: Name of plugin - name of parameter.

But then when I automate the same thing in a copy of the FX plugin in another channel. The name of the automation clip will be exactly the same. At least that's how it shows up in the playlist. And then of course I don't know which is which and that can get annoying. Now I have to make some changes and see what changes or double click on it. I think I can see the channel name somewhere after clicking a couple of times. Just not in the playlist. And that's what I want so I can quickly differentiate between multiple automation clips of the same plugin, the same parameter, just on different mixer channels.

It would be nice if we would get some options in to auto renaming of stuff. It would be cool if I can set a pattern so stuff will get renamed automatically to my liking. For instance maybe I don't want to see the name of the plugins first but would rather see the name of the mixer channel first. Because my mixer channel name usually tells me the instrument that is playing. And then the second name could be the plugin and then the parameter.

That would free me from always renaming automation clips so I know exactly what the automation is doing.

Return to “To Do”