Piano Roll Scale Helper

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Soma
Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:28 am

x

Piano Roll Scale Helper

The new piano roll scale highlighting is fantastic, especially with the flexibility to select any root note and scale. I have a couple of small ideas that could enhance this:

1. Save the chosen scale in the project file. At the moment the scale appears to be global and can cause confusion when changing between projects in different scales as you can easily end up with the wrong scale highlighted in the piano roll. Saving the scale in the project would resolve this potential for confusion and mean you're always 'in key' when coming back to a project (not to mention the time it would save from not having to reverse engineer your scale).

2. Bring the piano roll scale enhancements across to the typing keyboard to piano keyboard. I think this would 'complete the package' and make FL Studio that much more attractive to beginners. By being able to set the root note and scale in the piano role and the TK to PK you can not only plot out chords, etc. in the piano role but also improvise leads, etc. on your keyboard all the while knowing you're staying in key. I think this could be invaluable for those starting out or that want to double check their work.

Thanks for listening :D

Cheers,
Steve

KerrinGreally
Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:39 pm

x

Re: Piano Roll Scale Helper

1. A workaround for this would just be to put t...

Soma
Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:59 pm

x

Re: Piano Roll Scale Helper

DGBNE wrote:1. A workaround for this would just...

Return to “To Do”