Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mister Nosu
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:54 pm

x

Option to set default save location per project

Hi,

I've come to appreciate the use of the 'Data folder' under Settings > Project. But really it's only a small part of what it could be / do.

Feature request:

Extra option to have every Save pop-up / prompt open directly on the Data folder location.
For example:
  • Save sample as... in Edison
  • Save as... in Sampler
  • Save score as... in Piano roll
The most annoying thing is to search the Project folder eeeevery time. I know there is the 'Project data files' export option which exports all relevent data into the set Data folder. I use it regularly. But it doesn't delete the files in the Sliced beats folder. And why not save it in the right place right away instead?

Decentralized files wouldn't also be a problem when the Browser finally gets its well deserved improved search function. (Example: Type in ".mid" and every midi file that is in the 'Browse extra search folders' gets listed.)

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but i don't like to save Data in the Programs folder. I keep programs and data separate so i can reinstall, use multiple versions at the same time or use a new version without a hassle. I just re-point to my Projects folder (which is on a NAS btw).

Return to “To Do”