Better control over nodes on an automation clip

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Carbinax
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:30 pm

x

Better control over nodes on an automation clip

I always used the "edit events" window for fine tuned automation, but fairly recently started using the "create automation clip" option. Its really handy for volume fadeouts and tempo switches, but there is something that bugs me when I use it.
When the automation clip is sent to the playlist, I right-click to create a node, and one is created, but it always moves the line a few per cent rather than creating the node exactly on the line. If I hover the mouse over the default node, I can see its at, e.g, 68%. I then go to the other end of the automation clip and there is no node, so I right click in the hope that another node will appear that is also at 68%, but it will be a few per cent lower, and I then have to zoom in because the degrees of percentage are so small that even a tiny movement of my hand could take it to 71%..........so I zoom in to make the automation clip bigger, and the percentage degrees further apart and therefore easier to fine-tune it manually so it is also 68%.
Is there another way this could be done, with greater finesse, cos it feels clumsy...like using a sledgehammer to insert a drawing pin on a map ?

ps. I must add, its a minor irritation. The bigger picture is that FL is incredible, but this little fix would just make it even more incredible.
Cheers !!

Return to “To Do”