[DONE] Feedback loop spectral slope slider for Parametric Equalizer, Delay and other plugins

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
laffik
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:39 pm

x

[DONE] Feedback loop spectral slope slider for Parametric Equalizer, Delay and other plugins

Hello IL!

Having bitter reflections about failing my studies (fifteen years ago) I returned to some examples of what I studied - Automatics.
Examples were about and around signal filters and I figured out of a script signal equations for analogue integrator and differentiator converted into discrete transmittance and discrete object.
What interesting about them and applying to FLStudio is this that these filters are working on signal samples, rotating spectral slope 6dB/octave up and down, which would be useful for adjusting amount of highrange comparing to lowrange what is fun effect and common mastering problem, isn't it?
Here go I/O equations for integrator lowering spectrum for 6dB/oct: y(n)=u(n)+y(n-1)*0.9 y(n)=u(n-1)+y(n-1) and for differentiator lifting spectrum for 6dB/oct: y(n)=u(n)-u(n-1).
y(n) - current output sample
u(n) - current input sample
u(n-1) - previous input sample
y(n-1) - previous output sample

All the algorithm for each sample:
1. take input sample
2. calculate equation (as a previous sample when calculating first sample take 0)
3. send calculated sample to output
4. record sent sample and input sample to one variable buffer for use as previous samples in next repeat of procedure for next sample
5. go to 1

Works fine, I tested it 10 years ago with Winamp Signal Processing Studio it was cool, tested again yesterday and it's OK. This method is zero latency and almost zero CPU and memory usage which makes this plugin universal for use inside of all other plugins like Maximus or reverbs or delays and specially delays, for adjusting spectrum slope inbetween feedbacks - dope and cult, well known effect of echo with taming. Beaucoup uses at zero cost - millions for Image Line for free.

y(n) may be mixed with u(n) with a knob for amount of spectral slope lifted lowered. For knob over 0.5 program uses differentiator, for positions below 0.5 integrator. Position 1 is differentiator only, position 0 is only integrator and position 0.5 is pass-through - input signal only.

Thank you.
Last edited by laffik on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “To Do”