Freezing Tracks before FX

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphons
Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm

x

Freezing Tracks before FX

Not to get a bit more specific, i don't mean rendering wave files just without FX, i mean actually having the option to render them before the Mixer effects and have them assigned to the mixer track that the synth i was using is routed to.

Following scenario.
I am finished with making a synth/chord-stack or layer or whatever.
I want to freeze the track i made and have it assigned to the buss and render all the FX that it is on.
Freeze the track the way it works now,
Boom.
Can disable everything i don't need for now to save CPU, and have the audio file routed to the buss it is supposed to.

Now, the issue comes when i only want to export the synth sound and still fiddle with the FX, or EQ and things on the mixer tracks.

I would have to do the following steps.
-Disable the FX on all tracks i want to render via the "enable FX slots" button at the bottom
-Arm all tracks for recording
-Render to WAV files with ALT+R
-enable all FX again
-reroute the audio to the mixer tracks they belong to instead of the Synth Buss that the mixer track is routed to

Now here are a few scenarios that this would be useful.
-Wanting audio to be able to just chop them out or control the fades more granular with the Declicking modes
-being able to chop the audio up and re-arrange it
-being able to quickly process the newly rendered audio in Edison
-Just wanting to export the synths so the overkill 32 Layers of Supersaw Unison don't eat my whole CPU, while working but not actually being finished with working.

A way i have gotten around this in the past is either just doing it the way described above, which it tedious and takes time, or assigning all the newly rendered audio tracks to new inserts with CTRL+Shift+L and then routing all those to the old synth buss.
Problem with the later method is that i have some tracks that i need to preserve in case i need to change some midi data or something, and that if i need to so something in the future i will have to route new audio tracks manually to the new tracks.

The idea would be to have a different Option or shortcut, or just another option to change where exactly the audio gets recorded and routed to.
Just having a 5th option in the Disc recording menu which says, record input before Effects, and that one either routing to the original again, or if you want to make resampling easier with the same mixer tracks, just having a separate option that says, rout to recorded track instead of routed track.

Hope i explained that kind of understandable.
In the end its only a valuable tool for people like me that basically do all the mixing as part of the sound design and production process instead of in post,
but still, it would be an immense time saver.

Return to “To Do”