Option to make Shift+Scroll to shift notes/clips vertically instead of horizontally

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:00 pm

x

Option to make Shift+Scroll to shift notes/clips vertically instead of horizontally

If the "disable shift+scroll" feature has been discarded, what about adding an option to make it work vertically?

The scrollwheel has a vertical movement, why not making it work so also inside FL when Shift pressed? Then maybe add a Alt+Shift+ Scroll or Ctrl+Shift+Scroll for the horizontal, so no-one will press those key for mistake, granted!

I thought about that while using Shift+Up/Down to move notes in the piano roll and I've realized that I always use two hands to do that, or at least i take off my right hand from my mouse because I usually press the arrow keys with my right hand. I also have to look down to reach those keys because my left hand stays usually on the left side of the keyboard.

So Shift+Scroll to vertically move notes/clips would be a much more natural thing, and would keep things on beat!!! The worse thing you could do is shifting to a wrong note, but you'll easily hear that. In the playlist instead of microshifting horizontally (and notice the error after 50 hours asking yourself why there is something wrong), the worse thing that could happen would be shifting a clip vertically on a wrong position. Awesome, isn't it? With such a shortcut there would be nothing difficult to recover if pressed accidentally and would be much more consistent with the vertical scrollwheel.

Image-Line, please! Answer to my call!! :D

Thank you

Return to “To Do”