Render Queue (GUI batch rendering/file conversion.)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TheDichotomist
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:28 pm

x

Render Queue (GUI batch rendering/file conversion.)

So, something like a render queue actually already exists in FL, which is why I feel like it would be easy enough to implement, despite it perhaps being a little niche. It's not obvious because you have to run part of it from the command line.

Currently, to render multiple versions of a project at once, you save your project and all the variations to a folder; make new versions of that project with the edits you wanted (vocal up, no vocals, certain elements muted or pushed a little harder, etc...), and then you render the folder from the command line. The problem with this is, not everyone wants to touch the terminal, you can't change render settings per project (useful for rendering hq stems and some compressed tracks in the same go), and you can't exclude files from the batch process unless you move the files out of the folder manually.

My request, is for a graphical project render cue, to do batch rendering from FL itself. Ideally, we would be able to change each project's render settings before adding it to the queue, just for the sake of flexibility. If render settings can't be saved now, then perhaps a temp file containing flags for FL to reference would do; same as we use for the command line, but with more options for bit depth, sample rate, stems, and any further changes you might make to the render dialogue in the future.

Adding a project to the render queue just saves it as a new version of the current project, but placed in the render queue instead of elsewhere on the hard drive.

I don't like referring to other DAWs for feature requests, but Reaper's render queue (as well as it's render dialogue, region render/routing matrix), are a great example of what I'm after.

Return to “To Do”