Tempo, pitch, quantitization, beat detection and fitting recorded midi notes to tempo, recorded automations too.

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 pm

x

Tempo, pitch, quantitization, beat detection and fitting recorded midi notes to tempo, recorded automations too.

Hi, my bro bought FL and he has a great problem and i have an idea
He is making beat with a drumpad but he would like the project tempo and the scale of recorded notes to adjust one another so the project sets to the beat he taps with his drumpad and the recorded notes are aligned correctly in terms of scale... Reduce under-scale or overscale. He's timed. Well timed...
Adjusting the project tempo and stretching the notes with already existing tools makes him too uncertain and he's not sure if it'll keep the original natural tempo it had when he recorded in the beginning.
Tho, my suggestion would be to add "detect tempo" to quantitize and to add the needed tools right inside of the quaititization tool. :)
That's about my suggestion. It quites fixes it, but furthermore, the clockworks inside quaititization tool can be "refered" elsewhere and used to "generic automate" the process with no additional configuration.
Quantitize would become the "advanced settings" of piano roll's "generic beat detection, stretching and tempo-adjusting" ... Hmm... Even tho, you could add in the process a "lose tempo" compensation based on an automation clip/event linked to project tempo. It could even compute the needed automations to "emulate" natural downpitching and uppitching. (in 3d, it's called "baking")
That's the furthest i can think of but it'd be very nice to consider that all but first things first then perfecting the tinier features :)

Return to “To Do”