List of Features i want for Direct Wave

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphons
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 am

x

List of Features i want for Direct Wave

Ok, sorry to pop in so quickly right after the first release candidate, but i require some juicy features for the new Create Direct wave instrument function :P

-Sustain markers. Basically a marker that can be enabled in the options panel when creating an instrument.
The idea would be, kind of like a loop end marker, when the note is released, the play position jumps to that marker if it hasn't already surpassed it.
So if i play a synth that is a bar long but has no loop, i can release the key and it jumps to that position.
Useful for synth patches that have a tail. Be it reverb tail or a low pass filter closing or anything really

-A D S R knobs on the creation page of a Direct wave instrument.
Some instruments are meant to be played with a longer release, some are meant with some more attack, but you want to leave it in the sample to allow for more control later.
Being able to quickly set it before creating the instrument makes the process way easier. Also would fit pretty well with the above suggestion of sustain markers.
I actually have no idea if the monolithic dw instruments support that data being stored in them.
If not, add it.

-Presets for sampling options.
Basically a selection window like the curve selection for mapping formulas.
I have vastly different settings to record something like a pluck compared to something like a supersaw patch.
The one has its max length on silence and the hold down time on a beat, the other has a max length of 4 bars, a hold length of 1 and a loop and so on.
If i could set and adjust the details manually afterward that would be great. Also being able to create my own option presets.

-selectable declick algorithms.
Although i would just abuse this for other things as well, just to push the boundaries,
being able to choose a declicking algorithm would be great, although i mostly leave Declick in off since i have taken care of that while doing the sound design part,
and the declick out is pretty useless when having it on stop on silence.

-easier selection for max length and release after values.
Although i deeply appreciate that we get to use decimale values here instead of being stuck to a norm, especially with seconds,
first of all, i would like milliseconds as an option, second of all, how about a few suggested values ?
Mainly 1 2 3 4 5 8 10 or something. Since the rest of the interface is purely designed for a mouse or a touch interface, having to use a keyboard there slows down.
Please keep the freedom with integer input though.

Then we have a suggestion with batch processing samples.
Although i personally don't really like/understand why direct wave has to be spit into 2 versions, this could be something exclusive to the "full" version.
Basically an Edison like interface that allows you to edit all the samples at the same time, or at least process them the same.
Assuming that you have a bank with similar samples and similar sizes, if i want to alter the sound of all of them, they would most likely need similar treatment.
For example:
-blurring every sample. Or just using the blur tool on every one.
-applying volume envelopes or pan and stereo separation envelopes to all samples
-applying reverb
-adding markers
-adding loops

and so forth and so on. At least the functionality of Edison, which shouldn't be to hard as the code seems based on that piece anyway.
Just add a batch processing layer to it.

And last but not least, a quick reverse samples option.
That would mean, cutting the sample to a fixed length and reversing it.
It is vital that this would have support for tempo synced processing.
And it would have to be fast enough.

Say for example i want a reversed reverberated piano library for each note exactly 2 beats.
I would reverberate with batch processing, i would use a volume envelope with batch processing,
i would reverse it with batch processing.
If there would be a tool to speed this up, even better.
In the end if i could use custom scripts, but having to do it for every sample individually is the biggest problem here.

PS: gift me direct wave or the signature edition pls :P

Alphons
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:42 am

x

Re: List of Features i want for Direct Wave

Also another feature would be preview of the fi...

sanman4733
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 pm

x

Re: List of Features i want for Direct Wave

I agree with everything you posted about Direct...

Return to “To Do”