My ideas for workflow improvement.

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Metalux
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:43 am

x

My ideas for workflow improvement.

I allready posted this in another thread (Fl Studio 13 wishlist), so feel free to delete it if you like.

But, here it is:

Copying data from one channel to another is way to complicated since like forever. You have to ctrl+c it and then ctrl v it and then finally delete it from the menu if you want the data in the first channel to be gone. That takes way to long:

Make it drag and droppable. That would be of great help. You could have a button right to the pianoroll "miniview" (or stepbuttons) which could be used for drag and dropping. (drag from one button to another to copy) Drag the button into its respective pianoroll to delete, repeate to undo.

Navigating between the different windows is still to cumbersome. An option which would enable "hover over" the shortcutbuttons in the toolbar would be of help, so you don't have to click them.
My favorite solution would be this though: In the game crysis you could press the middlemousebutton to select your abilities. The abilityicons then displayed in a circle around where your cursor last was and you could choose them from there. Make the same in Fl studio but with icons to choose the different windows. (Middlemouse buttonclicking allready does something allready in most windows, but middlemousebutton + shift is not used yet, i think) this would be a very fast way to navigate between all the windows.

Also one of the greatest workflow hinderances is the constant search for pluginGUI's. You tweak a button on a plugin, then do something else and its gone. Then you have to go back to the mixer, find the right channel again, search the plugin from the list of plugins in the mixerchannel and click it, so you migth tweak another button. The process then repeats. This is hell (sometimes).
A button reserved on the keyboared to bring up the last used plugin would be of IMENSE help.

Another idea to remedy this would be the "plugintray". The plugin tray is a window where you can drag plugins into for quick access. It would look something like this: Grab a plugin, move it all to the right of your monitor and window appears, maybe 5 cm wide on that side of the monitor. There you can drop the plugin and the next time you access the plugintray, a miniatureview of your plugin appears (just like in the pluginpicker window),so you can select it.
Ofcourse you could drop as many plugins as you like in it. To delete one from the plugintray, just drag it out of the plugintray.

Yep, thats it.

And one more thing: Make an option to select time, 1/8, 1/16 etc. in the Sytrus envelope and lfo windows. (And the others of their kinds).
Last edited by Metalux on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tagirijus
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:23 am

x

Re: My ideas for workflow improvement.

Metalux wrote: Copying data from one channel to...

Metalux
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:30 am

x

Re: My ideas for workflow improvement.

Tagirijus wrote:Metalux wrote: Copying data fro...

Return to “To Do”