Option for Created Automation Clips not getting selected after creation

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphons
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:03 pm

x

Option for Created Automation Clips not getting selected after creation

Ok, a simple request, but one that has been bothering me quite some time.
When I am doing sound design or preparing an evolving patch of some sorts, I make the sound, play the notes with my left hand on my Midi-Keyboard
and do the rest with my right hand.

Now, I usually start creating automation clips left and right, just simple parameters and details that I am going to automate slightly differently.
Maybe change some to LFOs, or just do some things.

BUT, if I create an automation clip, it automatically gets selected.
Understandable, but useless for me.
It brings my workflow to a screeching halt, and I simply see no reason for a newly created automation clip to be selected.
I will have to go back into the channel-rack and reselect the Generator that I was working on.

There is one workaround which I sometimes use: set the generator to "receive notes from".
But that has 2 downsides. First of all, my midi controller acts differently when it is assigned a midi port, then if it is set to a wildcard.
And the second one would be that it just takes ages to switch Generators afterwards.
Because the unlocking and relocking to a new generator would take far more time than just creating the new generator and it automatically being selected.
I sometimes do that when working on Pads or textures because it is super annoying,
but it is a hassle.

Just a simple button that stops newly created automation clips from being auto selected when created.
Or reselects the generator after the automation clip was created if that's easier to code, it's the same thing anyway.
Or just make the selection not changing the default behaviour, it's the same to me.

Also, a shortcut for "last tweaked, create automation clip". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In my current workflow, i have no need to have an automation clip selected at all.

Kind regards,
Robin

Return to “To Do”