Absurde alternative method to make VST versions of IL plugins

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TheDichotomist
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:29 pm

x

Absurde alternative method to make VST versions of IL plugins

I'd love to use Transient processor in another host, or any of the other stock plugins, like delay 3 or Transistor Bass.

It's been mentioned in the past, that VST versions of the plugins would be too much to support, so I thought, as a marketing/support workaround, if Minihost or something similar wrapped the native FL plugins and ran them, IL wouldn't necessarily be selling plugins with the expectation of VST support. If minihost stays in beta like it has been, they don't even have to market it; just something existing customers get.

I realize this is a bit of a counterintuitive idea, since it might be easier to create VST versions of the existing plugins than it is to create an FL to VST wrapper in minihost or similar products. I propose this as an absurde alternative to VST versions of Image-Line's products, simply because that's just how badly I want VST. :P I can run the synths in the FL VSTi, which is a pain, but still okay; the effects, however, are useless to other hosts without rendering to audio multiple times.

Return to “To Do”