Toggle for extending of automation clips

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphons
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:50 pm

x

Toggle for extending of automation clips

Following scenario (you know it's going to be good when I start a post like this):

I have an automation clip that is automating something somewhere on the track.
Now I either cut it at the end to have it continue somewhere else on the track or make a dozen copies for something like a sidechain or something.
Now, if I want to make a variation, since making it unique would further complicate my work later if I decide to use it to modulate another parameter, I use the slip tool to get the blank section after the last point.
Now I add another point after that one.

What happens now is that every similar clip is now extended to the last point.
This is expected, but for most use cases completely useless.
What I will have to do now is right click the clip, select all similar clips, and resize them all to the length they were before.

It's not a huge hassle, but I would like an option in the misc settings that will make all automation clip lengths fixed to the size they are if I alter a copy.
The default dynamic setting is not really that useful for me after I have more than one instance of the clip. After the initial resize everything is fine, since the clip length is now fixed to something before the last point, but its still annoying everytime it happens.
It's probably a personal preference thing,
but I would like the clip length to stop being dependent on the position of the last point once a point after the end has been added in a similar clip.

D3Mens
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm

x

Re: Toggle for extending of automation clips

Definitely this! Sincerely I think this could b...

Return to “To Do”