Command Prompt + FL studio

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
8o8inSquares
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 am

x

Command Prompt + FL studio

Majority of the users been asking for a way to render their tracks/midi's using windows's command prompt.
Image-Line did provide us with such feature yet it is very limited to the users. For example you can't specify an absolute path of the project you want to render (You can render projects only that are located in "Data" folder inside the FL studio's installation folder.), neither you can specify the output location of the rendered files.
You as well can't choose the quality of the render (bitrate/resampling/etc) but that's not the biggest issue here since it uses your latest render settings.

The major issues I personally have are three things:
1) If there is a missing sample or a missing plugin, it prompts the user with a popup window which pauses the progress and waits for the user's input.
It is a problem for me since I create a lot of projects, and I want to render them all at once while I am sleeping. During the project production I remove some plugins or samples to keep my folders organized.
Of course some of the rendered projects maybe missing some sounds but that is for me to decide if I would like to "skip if there is anything missing" or "render it with missing parts anyway"

2) The projects that are being rendered, ONLY the selection is being rendered, so if I've saved the project with specific selection (because I might forgot to deselect everything), it only renders that part of the track.

3) Third reason is a bug, for some reason the final results of automated renders having some sounds start playing with few seconds delay, which is really weird. For example there is a piano that have to play NOW but it's being muted for a couple of seconds and only then it became unmuted. Very weird bug, I could post examples of the proper render and this cmd one.

This is not a hate, this is just a feedback and issues I would like Image-Line to fix. Currently the command line controls is a GREAT addition but I would LOVE them to actually finish this feature.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I ain't native.

Return to “To Do”