An idea about pattern automation

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
freshlace
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:09 am

x

An idea about pattern automation

I think a cool feature for FL would be pattern specific automation. Here's my idea. Tweak a knob, open up this menu:
4.png
There will be an option below "Create automation clip" : "Create pattern automation clip".

This will create an automation in the playlist for every occurence of that pattern, but this will be a special automation that you can't move and is always tied to each individual instance of that pattern:
5.png
when you open the piano roll in any channel of that pattern, there will be a control listed in the control section at the bottom that corresponds to that automation:
6.png
And when you click that automation control, you'll see the automation like this:
1.png
But in the end, it's just a regular automation clip. With the caveat that it can be edited in two places (that are only found in specific patterns) and it can not be moved by the user ( it's length always matches that pattern). Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me. What do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”