"Favorites" option in the browser?

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
camrox22
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:34 am

x

"Favorites" option in the browser?

Would it be at all possible to implement a feature that allows a user to mark their favorite sounds so that they can quickly access them all in one folder, instead having to go back and sift thru folders and subfolders for those particular sounds when one wants to use them again?

For example: I have a large drum library that consists of a many folders and subfolders. When I'm browsing thru them, I usually come across certain ones that I like more than others so naturally, I want to place these sounds in a separate folder for quick access next time I open FL Studio and start a beat from scratch. To do this, I have to goto that folder on my hard drive and copy/paste that file into a folder I created on my own called "Favorites", so when I'm just looking for something quick I always refer back to that Favorites folder for sounds that I pre-picked. The problem with this process is that it can be time consuming to have to minimize FL Studio window and go copy/paste the sound to my own favorites folder and also over time, it becomes a waste of hard drive space since those favorite sounds are now duplicated in two places on my drive.

So all I'm asking is that there be an option implemented into the browser to mark individual sounds as "favorites" to streamline this process and make it more efficient within the FL Studio browser without having to duplicate the files. It might also be nice to give the option to automatically generate a new folder on your hard drive containing all the sounds that you have marked as "favorites" in case you want to save those as a separate kit to move to another computer, share with another producer, etc.

Just a thought. I've been wanting a feature like this for a long time. It would be nice to have!

Dozius
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:57 pm

x

Re: "Favorites" option in the browser?

A workaround for now would be to automate the c...

camrox22
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 am

x

Thanks for the info and reply. How would I go a...

Dozius
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:24 am

x

Assuming you have no command line experience, j...

camrox22
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 am

x

thanks a lot! Is there a command that I can use...

camrox22
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 am

x

thanks a lot! Is there a command that I can use...

Return to “To Do”