dif approach to time signature

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
cor_corax
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 am

x

dif approach to time signature

so, i hope this isnt annoying, and i may recognize that i may not fully grasp how the new implementation is going (long term)
Short explaination:
but i think time signature should be a function of the pattern instead of the playlist.
the way i understand it, is that time sigs can change on the playlist, which affects all patterns regardless of their design. this approach is great for most classical music, most of zappas music, many crazy math-metal and prog-rock songs ... but not for things like led zepplin cashmere.

example
for cashmere (its not the only song this applies to, but its a really well-known example) the tonal parts all play in 3/8 for the whole song, but at different tempos. while the drums phase between a 4/4+2/4 for the first part of the song a few 4/4 bridges that pickup and drop off notes and a 3/8 section.
solution
if you just put the time sig on the pattern, then the drum parts and the music parts can easily be put on the play list and aligned to revolve around each other and it would even be really visually easy to resolve conflicts in the sigs. you could actually expand the possibilities a bit. it also seems like less overall work to code, each step (as a function of beat) still falls in the same place on the playlist.

nucleon
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 am

x

Re: dif approach to time signature

In the new time signature settings you can have...

Return to “To Do”