Quick Audio Previews of Synth Presets (Samples)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
calum89
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

x

Quick Audio Previews of Synth Presets (Samples)

I am currently recording samples of every preset in Harmor and Sytrus (and the 3rd party synths I also use) and saving them into the patches folder. This is because loading them up manually and playing them to see what they sound like is slow, slightly demoralising, and it creates all sorts of unwanted loud popping and clicking that over time could damage monitor speakers. As you can imagine, this is an absolute chore but now that I have recorded the synth presets in Edison, it is a huge help to be able to scroll through the sounds just like you would with all the drum samples, SFX and so on that come with FL by default.
To make it much easier for users to navigate and find the preset they really want in the future, (the name of a preset doesn't tell you what the sound really sounds like!) it would be great if future versions of FL Studio could come with audio samples of all the FL plugin presets played for five seconds or so on a C5 note. For demo versions you would need to maybe lock the preset samples so that they could not be used until the plugin is purchased. I appreciate this would be a headache for the development team but it would improve everyone's workflow quite a bit.
Many thanks!

Return to “To Do”