Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Suleyth
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:23 pm

x

Remove the 522BPM limit!

Disclaimer: Please read the whole post before responding ;-;

Hello! I am new to the forums, and as my first post I would like to make a request! The BPM limit in FL 10 (and any other DAW except Cubase) is 999BPM. Why exactly just limit it to that oddly specific number after the version? Plus, the limit means Splittercore and Extratone isn't allowed to be made.
Now, this isn't the first time this request has been made, but usually when its made people go 2 ways:
1-They insult/laugh at the genres and the producers of it, and just act as if it wasn't necesary
This point is dumb. Not only that is just a subjective opinion, even if the genres were objectively bad, they still should be allowed to be made. FL is not a dubstep making program, or a future bass making program, its a musicmaking one! You should be able to do any genre you want! Granted, the 5000BPM songs can't be made - but thats because of a technical difficulty, since it would lag the program a lot and probably make normal computers explode, not because the 5000BPM songs are bad!

It doesn't matter if you think it sucks - It doesn't even matter if you think its music, given music is subjective and the only point to make against Splittercore and Extratone are making up your own definitions of it to exclude them.
2-They suggest a workaround
This is obviously much better, and I think many people use these workarounds, but the point is, they just shouldn't be made. Why do I have to use a workaround to make my music? Because other people don't like my music? Thank you for the suggestion, but the complaints aren't really that the music can't be made, just that you shouldn't be working under specific conditions to make your music just because its not generally liked ;-;

To put it on a perspective so everyone can understand, imagine in FL 20 they changed the BPM limit to 150. What if you make DnB, for example? Well, you are screwed, either you go through the pain of learning another DAW, or you're cursed to use an old version forever. And when asking for help, others just say "do people even listen to DnB? Thats not music lol!"
Obviously it seems ridiculous because DnB is an actually accepted genre - But the same applies with Splittercore and Extratone! Its stupid to deny music to be made just because you don't like that music...

Anyway, I hope I explained myself xD Thank you for reading! I'll try to be active here because it seems like a really nice place ^^

FieryLungs
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm

x

Re: Remove the 522BPM limit!

What's the difference between 1000bpm and 500bp...

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 pm

x

Suleyth wrote: 2-They suggest a workaround This...

Suleyth
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 pm

x

shroomhead_one wrote:Suleyth wrote: 2-They sugg...

nucleon
Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:49 pm

x

Suleyth wrote:I get what you are trying to say,...

Suleyth
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

x

nucleon wrote:Suleyth wrote:I get what you are ...

Felicity97
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:00 pm

x

I am facing a problem loading this particular o...

nucleon
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:55 am

x

In Project general settings try setting the Tim...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”