Automating parameter links (to midi knobs) w/ launchpad

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
th3insomniac
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 am

x

Automating parameter links (to midi knobs) w/ launchpad

I'm struggling to explain this idea in a concise way, so I'll go through my thought process.

I discovered the Midi Fighter Twister on Youtube the other day, seems pretty useful so I might get it and use it in combination with my Novation Launchpad Mini.

I'm not crazy about using automation clips with a live performance because it's difficult to make room for improvisation. Even in regular production, having a ton of automation clips can get very tedious if I decide to move around the song structure or add a fill-in.

I thought about using the Midi Fighter Twister to control multiple parameters, like the cutoff of a low pass filter. The functionality of pressing the knobs for different controls is useful, but if I wanted to low pass fade in several tracks at once, I'd still need several knobs (as opposed to linking all of the cutoff frequency parameters to a single knob) because I want to use the filters separately from each other.

Then I thought, what if I can control when the parameter is linked to a single low pass knob with the Launchpad? This way, instead of having several knobs for several low pass filters, I can control which instruments' filters are linked to a single knob with the Launchpad.

Is there a way I can automate which knob a parameter is linked to?

Return to “To Do”