Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
benjismith
Wed May 14, 2008 4:30 pm

x

Scripting API

I haven't actually purchased FL Studio yet, but I'm curious about its user-extensibility.

I've read a little bit about the Delphi/C++ sdk, but I'm curious about whether anyone has tried to develop (or embed) a scripting framework. Something like the Kontakt Script Processor included in NI Kontakt.

I noticed on the Edison feature page, that it supports pascal-scripted waveform transformations. I'd never heard of the pax compiler before, but I like really like the idea of user scripting language that ultimately gets compiled to machine code, and I'd love to use something like that to control the sequencer, or to dynamically modify effect parameters based on a multitrack oscilliscope. Is anything like that even remotely possible? Does the pax compiler expose interfaces into the FL Studio core? Or into multiple modules? Or is it just a toy for Edison?

Since image-line has already licensed the pax compiler, it'd be very very cool if the whole application's object model was exposed to user scripts.

Thanks!

gol
Wed May 14, 2008 4:54 pm

x

scripting an app makes it not able to evolve an...

benjismith
Mon May 19, 2008 2:53 am

x

gol wrote:scripting an app makes it not able to...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”