How do I make these sounds?

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
my-pet-skorpion
Sat May 06, 2017 11:09 pm

x

How do I make these sounds?

I have heard the synth played during the beginning of the following piece numerous times in video games, movies, and television shows. I love the sound, it reminds me of something you would hear in a Cyberpunk or Deep Space movie. I love how soft it sounds and how it gives off a somewhat mysterious, space-like vibe.

How would I achieve this kind of sound? What plugin would you recommend I use? It sounds like it has a soft texture to me, it isn't too bassy but it has a bit of a low end applied, mainly high end, I can also tell he has put a delay on it and I think he also applied some reverb to it and a bit of an attack as well. Also, to my ears, it sounds a little bit like a trumpet, but only a little bit? I can definitely tell it is synthetic and not an acoustic sample from a real instrument.

And, does anybody know how to recreate or come close to making this sound from the Mass Effect Galaxy map theme? I'm referring to the arpeggiated synth playing in ostinato throughout the piece. Not the high-pitched plucked synth which accompanies the piece a few seconds in, I mean the one which plays at the beginning.

CHOOS
Sun May 07, 2017 1:36 am

x

Re: How do I make these sounds?

Hey, I made a video that will kinda show how y...

NeuralBlankes
Sun May 07, 2017 7:12 am

x

I took a stab at the first one with Harmor. Wh...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NeuralBlankes
Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 am

x

The Mass Effect one is actually fairly simple. ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CHOOS
Sun May 07, 2017 10:24 am

x

Mass.mp3 Mass Effect.fst the Mass one is very ...

NeuralBlankes
Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 am

x

This is what I love about this sub-forum. I se...

CHOOS
Mon May 08, 2017 8:36 am

x

hahahahahaha had a good giggle at that. I didn...

Kostas53
Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am

x

my-pet-skorpion wrote: And, does anybody know h...

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”