Loud clicks / crackles, delays, and random silence regardless of audio driver / buffer size

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tinytom
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 am

x

Loud clicks / crackles, delays, and random silence regardless of audio driver / buffer size

I am getting loud clicks regardless of my audio driver / buffer size. I have a Scarlett Focusrite Solo audio interface and the driver I normally use is Focusrite USB ASIO. I typically have the buffer size on 256 or 512 if I am using a lot of effects. However, in my current project, which consists of simply a few loops and timestretching with zero effects and CPU usage peaks at around 70% (which shouldn't be high enough for underruns), I have buffer size at 1024. FL Studio "Settings -> Audio" reports that I have zero underruns. I have tried changing the audio driver. Whether I am using my laptop speakers, my audio interface's Focusrite USB ASIO driver, or FL Studio ASIO, I am getting the same loud clicks. Even if I use my laptop driver's maximum buffer length which translates to a latency of 186ms, I still get loud clicks.

At first I thought the problem was with my interface but as I have the same problem while using my laptop speakers in FL Studio, I don't think it could be.

I also wondered if it had to do with my laptop's power saving settings, so I reset my performance plan to default. The fans got much louder and FL studio's internal CPU meter dropped dramatically but I am still getting lots of clicks.

The clicks don't always play for every MIDI note triggered, but for some patterns, every MIDI note has a loud click in it. Sometimes it sounds like there is a delay, and sometimes the audio completely turns off for no reason I can tell in the middle of a loop. Is it possible that the way I sampled could have caused this? I have snap to zero crossing in Edison enabled.

What is odd is I used the demo version of FL 12.(4?) for a long time- roughly 500 hours over 6 months- just fooling around before buying the Academic Edition the other day. I have never had this problem before. In the past even with much larger projects I have had very few underruns once my buffer length was 256 or higher.

I could include a video but the problem is not with the user interface- everything visually is just fine- it is with the audio. I don't know of a way to record the clicks and pops.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”