CPU Overload When Automating Project Tempo

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
LouisSS
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 am

x

CPU Overload When Automating Project Tempo

Hello,

I'm trying to automate the tempo of a small 30 second project of mine including a fair few VSTs from KONTAKT 5 and a couple of synths of Analog Lab 2, with some mp3 files, from 130 BPM down to 0. Everything plays great right until the tempo is automated, then an awful crackling and static starts playing as the CPU load for the project goes crazy.

Now this is strange to me. Because at first it was only very small segments of static that appeared when the tempo was automated, but it increasingly became worse as I played it back more times. I then noticed that the sound produced from the overload could either be the small segments of static or just complete utter chaos of crackling and static. Again, I would change nothing in the project, nor would I close any programs running in the background. The stress would have been pretty much the same in any case. It even happens if just a single instrument is playing while the tempo is being automated.

I understand that the CPU overload indicates that the program is running out of memory, but there's nothing to indicate this actually being the case. I've also tried with both an old dusty Steinberg CI1 and a brand new Apollo Twin Duo to see if the issue was with the soundcard used. The issue appears to be solely tied to the program, and it appears that all the memory is being sunked into automating barely any instruments. The track itself plays fine when the tempo automation is muted. The issue persist t with both Kontakt 5 VSTs, Analog Lab 2 synths and mp3 files.

I'm using an overclocked i7 6700k @ 4.6 Ghz and 16 GB of RAM.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am quite baffled myself.

Thanks,

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”