How to record a "performance" or alternative workflow?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ccuny
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:36 pm

x

How to record a "performance" or alternative workflow?

Hello all,

I have been playing around with sequences from Microtonic, Repro1 and Hive2. Most of them have no MIDI dump as far as I can tell, so I tried to record a live performance (not using performance mode, just in the main FL project). Now I get that I won't get anything in 3Notes and Automation" when I record, but I am not getting anything at all, whether selecting recording audio to Edison, to the playlist as audio clips or selecting "Everything".

I am sure the answer is already out there but I am a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info and I am just not getting it.

More generally, could you suggest a workflow that is suited to using sequences from instruments with no MIDI dump with other types of in a playlist? I tried triggering sequences by entering single long notes in the piano roll, but I get weird results truncated because of pattern size and God knows what else. I know this is pretty basic workflow stuff but I would really appreciate your advice, particularly if, like me, you like using sequences from synths as part of your whole projects.

Thanks a lot.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”