[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ma Jeahh
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:51 am

x

BlueTek PEQ-2B v1

GUI.png
GUI.png (363.34 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Hello everyone :D
here's my take on a famous passive equalizer.
As you can see from the GUI, I merged the BOOST and ATTEN knob plus I added a ''DIP'' knob to make the famous ''trick''
(DIP works only when the ''ATTEN-BOOST'' knob is set from 0 to +18db, so if the Previous is set to default you could just use DIP as a regular mid frequency bell to carve out frequencies)
All the other controls work just like the usual controls found on this kind of equalizer.
I tried to match the UAD Pultec EQP-1A curves and bandwidth the best I could without trying to be 100% accurate (not every piece of gear sounds the same :wink: ) but I got all the main points of this equalizer right and I think the results are pretty interesting.
The main thing I'm really proud of its the fact that it behaves just as it should (for example when you increase the BANDWIDTH not only you're increasing the filter's Q but the gain of that band decreases just like the other pultecs, but this is just one example). Try it for yourself.
Hope you'll like it!

ninefivedouble0 PEQ-2B.zip
(6.98 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Note: If you like to see what you're doing you can go under the hood and open ParametricEq2. Keep it open while you turn knobs on the main GUI to see the fruity ParametricEq2 bands move.

!!!This is a clean version with no harmonics added. Eventually I will add some ''magic'' in the future, when we get a new saturation/distortion module with better control over the harmonics!!!

Return to “Patcher - Presets”