☞ ¡¡nΛve's RABBIT HOLE!! ☜

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬
Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:21 am

x

☞ ¡¡FL MIXING & MASTERING THREAD!! ☜

timex_cme wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:24 pm
Oh nAve! It's all about sound design! We even talked about this particular effect earlier :D
hahaha :lol: I thought so. I didn't even remember that conversation. Forget it.
First to the kick. I think the tight sound works well. compared to the bass, it sticks out a bit.
One of my favorite hobbies is kicking. For pleasure, of course, but also because I have discovered after all this time that it is probably the most important sound in the mix.

When you say it stands out, do you say it as something desirable or undesirable? I think it should stand out a little, since it is a very transient sound. If you want it a little softer, just tell me.

I upload the Kick2 preset so you can have it. :wink:
The bass: Yes that's muh better, it has the impact I always wanted to achieve. You have to tell me what you did to make it cut through so intensely.
I dipped back into Vital and turned down the humidity knob for both the Phaser and Chorus. Everything can't sound wide because then nothing sounds wide. Aside from the volume and other minor matters I think what you might like is the sidechain. I use a dynamic EQ with pitch tracking which is extremely clean, I'd say it's a psychoacoustic effect more than anything else.

On the other hand, on the spectrum analyzer my version swings more towards the bass, so you hear it more energetic now, so that could be it. On the other hand, the vocals are ducking the bass in the midrange, so it actually sounds quite loud less when those two sounds coincide. Just to give you an idea, I'm using up to 7 sidechains. My own fairy dust, so to speak 8) :lol:.

As a funny anecdote, the percussive OHs are drowning out part of the sound between 4Khz and 8Khz.
Excellent work on the vocals, they sound very clear and sit well in the mix. As you said, later on it will get interesting, when there's lots of stuff going on.
One of the essential aspects of mixing is finding the relative volume and placement of each sound. If you notice, the melodic vocal loop of the original song sounds super wide while Lady DK's voice is positioned in the center (relativetly, since it's actually quite wide). I'm glad you like it, really. I usually spend a lot of time on these things.

Achieving that with each sound depends entirely on your skill with the tools you have.
The clap, well, honestly I am not the biggest fan of claps, I reduced the transient of the clap to smoothen them into the drum loop.
Okay, let me soften my palms a little for the next version.
In conclusion I must say: I'm impressed. And I feel bad about my work.
Hey, to be honest I think our blends are pretty similar. I'm happy I didn't make a completely different version as in other collaborations. I think we can hear some improvements in my version, but if you think about it a little it's normal. I'm 100% focused on the mix and I haven't had to struggle with the composition or the arrangement.

Do you want me to share an a/b of a specific section before uploading the final version? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:43 am

x

☞ ¡¡FL MIXING & MASTERING THREAD!! ☜

(I read your last post while writing mine, so I...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬ on Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timex_cme
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:31 pm

x

Re: ☞ ¡¡FL MIXING & MASTERING THREAD!! ☜

♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬ wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:43...

donkeytugger
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:46 pm

x

♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬ wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:43...

timex_cme
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:26 am

x

donkeytugger wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:46 pm Y...

donkeytugger
Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:00 pm

x

timex_cme wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:31 pm * ...

♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:51 pm

x

☞ ¡¡Mechris & Lady DonkeyTugger feat Jenna Evans with Junior Paes - Someone Else (Mixed and Mastered by nAve v2)!! ☜

timex_cme wrote: ↑Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:56 am I u...

timex_cme
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:50 pm

x

♬ ♫ ♪ nΛve ♪ ♫ ♬ wrote: ↑Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:44 ...

timex_cme
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:32 am

x

Re: ☞ ¡¡nΛve's RABBIT HOLE!! ☜

I have heard distortion in one of the melodic t...

nΛve
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:03 pm

x

Re: ☞ ¡¡Mechris & Lady DonkeyTugger feat Jenna Evans with Junior Paes - Someone Else (Mixed and Mastered by nAve v2)!! ☜

timex_cme wrote: ↑Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:59 am Let...
Last edited by nΛve on Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nΛve
Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:25 pm

x

☞ ¡¡Mechris & Lady DonkeyTugger feat Jenna Evans with Junior Paes - Someone Else (Mixed and Mastered by nAve v2)!! ☜

timex_cme wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:59 pm nΛve...

First Byte
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:12 pm

x

Let's celebrate your new subject... https://do...

jwnicholson
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:04 pm

x

nAve, Nice to see you back on the forum. I ha...

Return to “Song Exchange”